Law, Medicine and Psychology
Law, Medicine and Psychology
Termin nadesłania abstraktu:
The Center For European Studies and the Center for American Studies affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań are pleased to invite you to take part in the International Academic Conference titled „Law, Medicine and Psychology”.
The conference will take place on September 18, 2021, from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform. (In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday September 19, 2021).
?????? ?? ??? ??????????
The main focus of the conference is to discuss the key contemporary problems related to law, medicine and psychology as well as their historical conceputalizations.
The 21st century may be described as the age of rapid social and economic growth but also the age of many new social and ethical problems, including ones related to new procedures of medical operations, penalties for criminal acts, and mental distress of our society.
The Conference will be a great opportunity to discuss these problems and conceptualize their solutions.
Proposed (sample) thematic areas of your conference presentation:
• Medical ethics
• Living wills
• Human embryos created for medical research
• Medically assisted procreation
• Legal and professional liability as a result of medical error
• Inflation of law
• Murderer’s psychological profile
• Death penalty
• How social and economic discrimination affects healthcare and education
• Nepotism in law and medicine
• Career progression in medicine
• Obligatory vaccination
• Medical resolutions to COVID-19
• Folk medicine
• Legal responsibility for contraction of a sexually transmitted disease
• Sexually transmitted disease
• Health care systems in the world – challenges and problems
• Public or private health care
The thematic areas mentioned above are to be treated only as examples. Moreover, presentations may be of an interdisciplinary nature, combining various fields of knowledge. Hence, we encourage you to submit abstracts that go beyond the above list.
??? ?? ?? ????
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Michał Urbańczyk, Ph.D. (Faculty of Law & Administration, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan)
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies)
?????? ??? ??????? ????????????? – ???????????
ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract meeting our formal requirements and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/hRYK2eT5nwHjXUjHA
• Acceptance of the Conference Rules and Regulations in the Application Form – available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
• The above-mentioned activities should be performed by September 8 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by September 10 at the latest.
Formal requirements for abstracts:
• Text length: 200-300 words;
• Font: Times New Roman 12;
• Line spacing: 1.5;
• Justified text;
• File format: PDF;
• File name: Last name + First name, e.g. Jones Susanna.pdf;
• Your first and last name and affiliation (university) of the author / co-authors should also be included in the abstract at the top of the page;
• The abstract should also be pasted as text into the Speaker Application Form.
We reserve the right to select abstracts. At the same time, we would like to inform you that abstracts that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will be rejected in the initial formal selection process. The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by September 9.
PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Application Form at: https://forms.gle/um4Njsc8BhNoSYQ1A
• Submission of the Audience Application Form should be done by 23.59 on September 13 (we will not extend this deadline).
Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail;
• The fee must be paid by September 15, 2021 at the latest.
SPEAKERS (2 options)
TRADITIONAL CERTIFICATE – 219 PLN / 49 EUR sending the certificate in the traditional version (printout of a paper certificate bearing the electronic signatures of the President and the Director of Academic Affairs of the Center For American Studies) to the postal address provided by the speaker.
–– OR ––
DIGITAL CERTIFICATE – 199 PLN / 45 EUR sending the certificate in a digital version (PDF for self-printing electronically signed by the President and the Director of Academic Affairs of the Center For American Studies) to the e-mail address provided by the speaker.
PASSIVE PARTICIPANTS (AUDIENCE)
DIGITAL CERTIFICATE – PLN 109 / 25 EUR sending a passive participation certificate in a digital version (PDF for self-printing signed by the President and the Director of Academic Affairs of the Center For American Studies) to the e-mail address provided by the passive participant (memer of the audience).
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: ” – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – ”
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two authors, please pay the fee for each of the co-authors separately.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice;
• The fee is non-refundable;
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference;
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers);
• The presentation time is 10-15 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail / e-mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference;
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• During the presentation it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission). Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the participant’s inability to receive the conference certificate.
• Conference Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
If you have any questions, please contact us via a private message on Facebook. See you at the conference!