2nd International Conference on Human Rights
2nd International Conference on Human Rights
Termin nadesłania abstraktu:
Ladies and Gentlemen,
The Center For American Studies and the Center For European Studies affiliated with the Faculty of Law and Administration of the Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań are honored to invite you to take part in the 2nd International Conference on Human Rights.
The conference will be held on Saturday, September 4, 2021 from 9.00 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. online on the Microsoft Teams platform. (The length of the conference depends on the exact number of speakers. In the event of a large number of applications, we reserve the right to extend the conference also to Sunday, September 5, 2021).
?????? ?? ??? ??????????
One of the most important themes of the conference is a discussion using legal, sociological, economical, philosophical, and political knowledge of the problems of the Human Rights.
Proposed (sample) thematic areas of your conference presentation:
• Legal regulations protecting Human Rights
• What theoretical approaches best explain human rights?
• How do material and ideological factors influence and shape human rights and respectivie policies?
• What role might state and sub-state political actors play in supporting human rights internationally?
• How do transnational civil society networks affect states’ human rights policies?
• What role do emerging powers play in driving the discourse on human rights internationally, and what are the similarities and differences between their positions?
• Actions that could help reach full achievement of the human right to science for populations experiencing discrimination or increased vulnerability due to political, economic and social structures, for historically marginalized communities (such as persons with disabilities), and for the other human rights connected to the right to science
• The human rights of students, scholars, academics and researchers in places where conflict, censorship, and/or structural forms of oppression or discrimination make it difficult for them to continue their work
• The human rights implications of climate change on impacted communities and examples of scientific-human rights partnerships to attain climate justice
• The use of scientific evidence and a transitional justice approach that advances diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as vital to addressing Human Rights
• Human Rights and healthcare
• Human Rights and poverty
• Women’s human rights awareness
??? ?? ?? ????
• Students, Ph.D. students, experienced researchers, and all others interested in the above-indicated fields of research can actively participate in the conference as speakers.
• Passive participants (audience) do not need to possess any prior academic knowledge or background.
• Michał Urbańczyk, Ph.D. (Faculty of Law & Administration, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan)
• Luke Darby Bartosik, LL.M. (President of the Center For American Studies)
?????? ??? ??????? ????????????? – ???????????
ACTIVE PARTICIPATION (INFORMATION FOR CONFERENCE SPEAKERS)
Steps necessary to register for the conference as an active participant (conference speaker):
• Submission of an abstract meeting our formal requirements and filling in the Speaker Application Form at: https://forms.gle/xynA5QWrAXa3oShu7
• Acceptance of the Conference Rules and Regulations in the Application Form – available at this link: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
• The above-mentioned activities should be performed by 23.59 on August 21, 2021 (we will not extend this deadline)
• Payment of the conference fee to the bank account number that will be provided to the qualified speakers in an e-mail – the fee must be paid by August 24, 2021 at the latest.
Formal requirements for abstracts:
• Text length: 200-300 words;
• Font: Times New Roman 12;
• Line spacing: 1.5;
• Justified text;
• File format: PDF;
• File name: Last name + First name, e.g. Jones Susanna.pdf;
• Your first and last name and affiliation (university) of the author / co-authors should also be included in the abstract at the top of the page;
• The abstract should also be pasted as text into the Speaker Application Form.
We reserve the right to select abstracts. At the same time, we would like to inform you that abstracts that do not meet the above-mentioned requirements will be rejected in the initial formal selection process. The results of the abstract selection process will be announced by August 22, 2021.
PASSIVE PARTICIPATION (CONFERENCE AUDIENCE)
Steps necessary to register for the conference by a passive participant (audience):
• Filling out the Audience Application Form at: https://forms.gle/zJ5ZQJiyCx217WWq9
• Submission of the Audience Application Form should be done by 23.59 on August 26, 2021 (we will not extend this deadline). Failure to fill in the form will result in the inability to passively participate in the conference (and thus the inability to receive a passive conference participant certificate);
• Payment of the fee to the bank account number that will be provided to passive participants via e-mail;
• The fee must be paid by August 28, 2021 at the latest.
• The audience will have a chance to see the final schedule of the conference on August 22. Please follow this Facebook event to see the schedule of speakers.
SPEAKERS (2 options)
➡️ TRADITIONAL CERTIFICATE – 219 PLN / 49 EUR ➡ printout of a paper certificate (bearing the electronic signatures of the President and the Director of Academic Affairs of the Center For American Studies) sent to the postal address provided by the speaker.
–– OR ––
➡️ DIGITAL CERTIFICATE – 199 PLN / 45 EUR ➡ PDF for self-printing (electronically signed by the President and the Director of Academic Affairs of the Center For American Studies) sent to the e-mail address provided by the speaker. This certificate is equal to the traditional certificate.
PASSIVE PARTICIPANTS / AUDIENCE (2 options)
➡️TRADITIONAL CERTIFICATE – 129 PLN / 29 EUR ➡ printout of a paper certificate (bearing the electronic signature of the member of the Center For American Studies’ management board and its Director of Academic Affairs) to the postal address provided by the passive participant (audience);
– OR –
➡️ DIGITAL CERTIFICATE – 109 PLN / 25 EUR ➡ PDF for self-printing (electronically signed by the President and the Director of Academic Affairs of the Center For American Studies) to the e-mail address provided by the passive participant (member of the audience).
Important! Please use the following pattern when filling in the transfer title field when making the payment of your conference fee*: ” – fee for active / passive participation (select the appropriate one) – ”
* Failure to do so may result in delays in posting the fee on the appropriate account and, consequently, even exclude your participation in the conference.
In the case of a co-authorship of a presentation by two authors, please pay the fee for each of the co-authors separately.
• It is possible to receive a VAT invoice;
• The fee is non-refundable;
• The link to the online conference room will be made available to registered participants within 24 hours before the start of the conference;
• It is possible to deliver a conference presentation by two speakers (the fee should be multiplied by the number of speakers);
• The presentation time is 10-15 minutes (depending on the fact of giving a solo or duet presentation and the total number of presentations during the conference);
• Certificates of participation will be sent by traditional mail / e-mail within two (Poland) or three (rest of the world) months from the end of the conference;
• The Center For American Studies arranges the order of presentations. The exact time of speaking at the conference is pre-determined by CFAS (it will be not possible to change the time of your conference presentation set in the conference schedule).
• During the presentation it is necessary to use both the microphone and the web camera (audio-video transmission). Failure to comply with this requirement will result in the participant’s inability to receive the conference certificate.
• Conference Rules and Regulations: https://tinyurl.com/yyb2vsdz
If you have any questions, please contact us via a private message on Facebook or an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. See you at the conference!